Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Cats and Dogs Living Together...

Mass hysteria!

The Peaches is about to get a new big sister. That's right. Somehow the boy convinced me to adopt a dog. Up until last weekend, when the Peach was terrorized* by his sister's dachshunds, it's possible she had never seen another animal up close before. She did not handle it well. She made sounds I didn't think were possible to be made by a house cat, even such an exotic beauty like my Peaches.

So, in the span of two years I have gone from a completely pet-free** existence to running a zoo. And he made me buy him a book on raising chickens for Christmas. Chickens! Scratch that zoo thing; we're going to have a whole frickin' farm. A farm! And no Chinese delivery! And last night I ate dinner at a chain restaurant. A chain restaurant! I swear, this town is killing me.

But my cat is certainly going to kill me in my sleep if I let this dog take over. She's been known to hold a grudge. And urinate in my laundry.


*Now I have been told that "terrorize" is too strong a word but what else do you call it when the little vermin ate all her food while my precious baby cowered in fear underneath the bed?

** I do not consider my fish to be pets; they are decor.

No comments: