Friday, November 05, 2004

I Am A Weak Man

Last week I made a vow to stop paying attention to politics right after the election; that I would take a hiatus until the next one, or Christmas, whichever came first. Of course, I was secretly hoping that this election would last until then so I wouldn't have to stop indulging. Well, it didn't. And I've been indulging left and right since then. Someone, please stop me. Take away my internet connection. Destroy my cable. Do something to help me! I tried watching Katie Couric on Today this morning. They had two actors on from two shows I've never watched before. Apparently they were guest starring on each others' respective television programs. I couldn't take it. I had to keep flipping to Fox News. Last night, I even turned off the TV and read a book. A book! That had nothing to do with politics! Until I couldn't take it anymore and turned on the Daily Show.

Please. I'm begging you. Someone. Help me. I fear I might fall into a quagmire of talking points and punditry, a deep pit of nothingness from which I might have no hope of escaping......

No comments: