Wednesday, April 07, 2004

Go Huskies!

Being from Connecticut and having two UConn alumni for parents, I've always had a warm spot for UConn basketball, especially the women. I was senior in high school when Rebecca Lobo led the women through an amazing undefeated season and barely defeating Tennessee in one of the best women's basketball games I've ever watched. A girl I carpooled with and sat at my physics table, Kate, was a huge fan. I think she got to touch Lobo at one point and I had to hear about it for weeks. And that was back when the men hadn't won in, like, ten years or something.

But this year, to have the men and the women win back to back is just pure bliss. Connecticut's had some crappy times lately, what with the government cancelling the Comanche, Chris Dodd acting like Trent Lott and our pig-nosed, heinous governor in the dog house, it's still nice to know that we can excel in something...

No comments: