Thursday, April 15, 2004

Yellin' Fer Ben!

Every now and then I feel obliged to expose people to new things. Today, in the spirit of the Third of the Month, I'm going to expose you to the hottest new WB-themed emo pop pianist (hee hee, he said pianist) to hit the airwaves since, oh, the last WB-themed emo pop pianist. Ladies and gentlemen, I give you Ben Jelen!

Why should you buy his album, Give It All Away? Not because he's pretty (he is). Not because he's been featured on TRL, Carson Daly, Craig Kilborn and YM magazine (he has). Not because he's got tremendous talent writing and performing (he does). And not because he's cut a kick-ass track from Hedwig and the Angry Inch (he did). No, you should buy his album because my co-worker, Sonya, will kick the ever-loving shit out of me if I don't actively support his career and quite frankly I like my ever-loving shit exactly where it is. And at least the album is actually worth buying, unlike, say, Neon Nights, so I don't feel that much pressure to recommend it.

No comments: