Thursday, April 15, 2004

More Shameless Promotion

In all my ferver over Ben Jelen and not getting my ass whooped, I failed to plug yet another sensational singer-songwriter, this one of the double X variety. Ladies and gentlemen, I give you Christina Abbott!

You haven't seen her on MTV, Conan or YM. She's not quite as pretty as Ben. And she's not quite a pianist, either. But maybe you've seen her around the City. Maybe you've seen her in Connecticut (go Black Rock!) Maybe you've seen her at a gay club in Queens in one of the most awkward double blind date thing-a-ma-do-hickies of your entire life (really, I just don't want to get into it). Wherever you may or may not have seen her, you should definitely check her out. Her bluesy, folksy acoustic guitar stylings well worth your while, with or without her band.

Tuesday. May 4. Alibi Lounge. Be there.

No comments: