Friday, May 14, 2004

Berg Video

So I haven't actually watched this video yet, because I'm not entirely sure that I can stomach it. But a few people have raised concerns of media bias (of course!) insomuch that if the mass media can graphically publicize the atrocities committed by U.S. soldiers, why not Iraqi dissidents? I agree. This isn't the same situation as not airing close-up images of people falling from the World Trade Center. No, for better or worse, we're stuck in the middle of a big ol' messy war and while the actions of Zarqawi in no way justify Abu Ghraib, it's a good idea to put things into perspective. We still have a few motes to clear out of our eyes but the beheading of an innocent civilian is not the fault of undertrained, misguided soldiers but a heinous crime of pure hatred.

And speaking of heinous crimes, Angel's second to last episode is tonight and it would be a heinous crime if Joss disappoints me yet again...

No comments: