Monday, May 24, 2004

To Move or Not To Move...

So I got to work today and the moving van was poised and ready outside of our building. What's this? I thought, perchance that we might move today? I asked what they were doing there. They replied, waiting. Waiting for what? I thought. Should I do an experiment today? Should I start packing? And what, if any, information has come from the Powers That Be? There was but one directive, from the chair to the peons here in the bowels of hell: the movers are not to move us until we are ready to be received in the new space. Until that time, upon which we will receive notice from the PTBs, we are to "resist all attempts" of the movers to start packing us down.

Resist all attempts? What are we, the Alamo? It is as if they are the enemy, poised to attack and upon the charge signal we will have ten minutes to evacuate the premises or risk being packed into a box ourselves. I'm just hoping that whatever day they actually decide to move has really nice weather cuz I'm going to the beach...

No comments: