Thursday, March 04, 2004

Are You Saying I'm Fat?

Apparently Americans are finally catching on. First there was that ridiculous lawsuit. Now McDonald's is goin' healthy. They're phasing out their super-sized menu option, since the super-sized fries alone contain almost half the RDA of fat.

Eliminating the Super Size option is part of an ongoing effort to create a simpler "core menu" and to "support a balanced lifestyle," McDonald's said in a statement.

The move by the Oak Brook, Ill.-based company is the latest attempt to appeal to customers who are ever more health-conscious. The chain has added salad entrées to its menu and has included more salad and yogurt options.


I've got a wacky suggestion for healthier living. Don't eat at McDonald's. Call me old fashioned, but I prefer my fast-food like the good ol' days; greasy, coronary-inducing and packaged in environmentally unfriendly styrofoam cartons.

No comments: