Thursday, March 04, 2004

Water, Water, Everywhere...

I know a lot of people who claim there is a difference to the scores of bottle waters out there. A coworker of mine will only drink Fiji water, par exemple. In fact, I caught part of the repeat of last weeks Apprentice last night and lo and behold they were selling water high-priced water (Money quote from Troy, bless his poor clueless heart: "I understand you like that Poland Springs, but now you're involved with a product that's not from Poland...")

But I didn't realize how expensive water could be until I finally broke down and ordered some for myself today. We've been having water contamination problems and since our move isn't happening until June now (JUNE!) I've had to take matters into my own hands. I never knew how much water there was! I settled on nonsterile, deionized, double-stilled type II reagent grade. That was only $17 a gallon. They wouldn't let me get the kind that was $205 a gallon. That was probably overkill, but I bet it tastes delicious!

If Ereka had just thought to sell to scientists.....

No comments: